If you are remarrying, or you and your partner have finally decided to tie the knot, a wedding can mean so much more when children are involved. It is not only about declaring your love for one and other; it is about officially uniting an entire family. This is why it is important to include your kids in your wedding so they can feel like they are a major part of the celebration. Read on to discover some suggestions on how to include your children into your wedding:
[amazon_link asins=’B00E9ARA96,B01A0ND5HQ,B01LVW79VQ,B06XGD2NZT’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’famousp0c-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’8e2af851-76dd-11e7-9f4e-b3b08034aaaa’]
- Tell the kids before you pop the question – Whoever is planning on popping the question, should talk to their kids before. This will make them feel important, and it gives them the chance to ask any questions. Of course, if your children are young or likely to tell your partner before you do, you may want to skip this option.
- Include your kids in ring shopping – One of the best ways to get your children involved is to get them to help you choose an engagement ring. This will be a lot more fun than choosing a wedding band, as they tend to be plain. Look at brands like Verragio engagement rings, which have a wide range of different and unusual styles to choose from. After all, while ring shopping is fun, your kids are likely to get a bit bored after a while.
- Give your children cameras – Your kids will love the opportunity to play photographer at your wedding. This is great way for children to express themselves. We’re not suggesting you ditch the professional one, but giving your kids polaroid or disposable cameras is a great way to give them something fun and important to do.
- Let your kids help with the wedding menu – If you are going to have a separate menu for all children in attendance, why not allow your kids to take a leading role when deciding what food to serve? They are also guaranteed to love cake and dessert testing, so bring them along for this. You could let them pick a dessert to add to the reception.
- Let your kids give you away – You could always break with tradition and let your children walk you down the aisle. This is a lovely idea for those that no longer have their parents with them.
- Give your children a role in the ceremony – There are so many ways for you to include your children in your wedding, and it is important that you do so. Otherwise, they are going to wonder why other people have a job and they don’t. Good options include ring bearers, flower girls, groomsmen, and bridesmaids. If your child is comfortable being in front of crowds, why not get them to read a poem or sing a song?
- Spend the night before your wedding with your kids – The night before your wedding is a special one, and what better way to spend it than with your kids? Spending some quality time with your children the night before your wedding will help to reassure them that they are your priority. Why not order room service and stay in a nice hotel room? Or, you could go for a moonlit walk and have a nice chat?